GHB EMERGENCY MEDICAL FACILITIES – Updated DEC. 20, 2015
- Penetang Hospital has no emergency department.
- Huronia District Hospital is now Georgian Bay General.
- Walk in clinic in Penetang no longer exists.
- Georgian Bay General ( Midland) has one of the fastest ERs in Ontario.
- Notes: Both the Huronia District Hospital in Midland and the West Parry Sound Health Centre carry anti-venom for snake bites
- Emergency physicians from the Royal Victoria Hospital in Barrie staff the Huronia Urgent Care Clinic. The wait is generally much shorter than either Midland or Barrie Hospital Emergency Departments.
ontario telehealth medicine:
1-866-797-0000 (toll free); talk to a Registered Nurse (7/24, free)
Clinics and Hospitals:
Georgian Bay General Hospital:
1112 St. Andrew’s Dr., Midland (beside Canadian Tire, Hwy. 93)
Use for snake bites, emergency room and any reproductive care.
Royal Victoria Hospital:
201 Georgian Drive, Barrie
Huronia Urgent Care Clinic:
411 Huronia Road, BARRIE, ON
Hours: M-F: 8am - 7pm
Sat.: 9am - 2pm
Use for fractures and lacerations as well as most common medical problems.
Driving Instructions: Go south on the 400; exit at the Essa road exit. Turn left at the lights, pass under the 400, turn right on Fairview Road and follow the road past the Holiday Inn. The road will bend to the left and turn into Big Bay Point Road. The clinic is on the southwest corner of Big Bay Point Road and Huronia Road (third intersection). (This clinic is scheduled to move in 2008 to one block south on Huronia road.
West Parry Sound Health Centre:
6 Albert Street, Parry Sound
Driving Instructions: Take Hwy 69 to Bowes Street Exit; go a few short blocks south to Albert Street. The hospital is on your left.
Boating Instructions: Arrive at the Parry Sound town dock and use the payphone located at the Island Queen store to call for a cab to take you to the hospital on Albert Street. If it is an emergency, have the ambulance meet you at the Town Dock.
Medical Clinics in Parry Sound:
Medical Associates - 15 James Street, Parry Sound.............................................705-746-9382
Wright Clinic - 57 James Street, Parry Sound......................................................705-746-2181
Parry Sound Family Physicians - 75 Bowes Street, Parry Sound.........................705-746-5595
Call ahead to make sure the doctor is on duty, if not use the West Parry Sound Health Centre.
The following are those vets used and recommended by our members; other vets are listed in the telephone book should further resources be needed.
• North Simcoe Veterinary Services: 1831 Rumney Rd., Midland 705-534-7680
Off highway 12 near Port McNicoll, halfway to Midland from Honey Harbour.
Highly recommended by several members of the community.
• Georgian Animal Hospital: 109 Bowes St, Parry Sound................705-746-8178
• Cottage Country Animal Clinic: 2 Edward Street, Parry Sound...705-746-4444 (toll free 1-866-590-7387)
Located at the corner of Edward and Bowes streets, open 7 days a week, on call 24 hours, Dr. Natalie Eves,